Thursday, March 4

While on the Commute

On the same lot where I sat and listened to church bells ringing
I saw two pigeons perform necrophilia on one of their fallen comrads
Flattened , formed to the grooves of a tire,
Scabbed over blood ,
Feathers matted to the asphalt 
Still the two pigeons stalked and cocked their heads 
as they took turns mounting and dominating the carcass.

I'm sure scientist and pigeon psychologists have explanations for this pigeon behavior 
Their explanations , I'm sure, are backed by hundreds of books and documented studies
But that doesn't matter to me
I'm on my daily commute
To my left bells resonate a progression 
To my right pigeons fuck their dead
From  the bell tower, a flock of the feathered rats takes flight

Round and round they go



~Josh F.

T_T_T

Touch Tone Telephone (indie rock cumbia reggae electro funk) from the El Paso / Cd Juarez border area

independent organizations

Chubby Pencil